Who Is God?


If you were asked the question “Who is God” how would you answer it? But maybe the more important question for you to answer would be do you know Him well enough to tell someone else who He is to you personally?
  • God is Creator and Sustainer of the universe Hebrew 1:2-3
  • God is Grace, Mercy, and Peace and gives those as gifts to us 1Timothy 1:2
  • God is King over all the earth Psalm 47:2
  • God is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End--Eternal         Revelation 22:13
  • God is my Shield, my Fortress, my Rock and my Deliverer in times of trouble 1 Samuel 22:2-3
  • God is Love, and nothing can separate us from His love; it is only because of Him we can love Romans 8:38-39, 1 John 4:8-10
  • God is One, but exists as three Persons—Father, Son and Holy Spirit Matthew 3:16-17
  • God is Just, Holy and Righteous Isaiah 5:6
  • God is Almighty, Powerful and Sovereign Revelation 19:6
  • God is the Giver of eternal life and it is His desire that none should perish John 3:16/2 Peter 3:9
This is by no means a complete answer because I could go on and on describing who God is according to the Bible and who He is to me, but God is really beyond my comprehension and any attempt at describing or defining who God is simply puts Him into my box labeled “God.” So although I think it is important for us to search scripture and examine, we should never limit Him to our finite minds; instead we should look for Him in new and different ways each day.  

God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; He does great things beyond our understanding. Job 37:5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!