Kolaches

Easy Kolaches
This recipe is from Judie Byrd who has a cooking school in Fort Worth, TX. It is so easy and good.
1 stick of butter or margarine
2 packages of 10 count flaky biscuits
1 can pie filing (any flavor)
Topping:
6 T flour
4 T cold margarine
1/2 c sugar
Separate the biscuits in half, according to the flaky layers. Dip each piece in melted butter and place on a cookie sheet. Make an indentation in the middle of each using your thumb. Put about 1 tablespoon of pie filling into the indented space. Make the topping by cutting the flour and sugar into the cold butter. Sprinkle topping over pastries. Cook at 375 degrees about 15 minutes or until good and brown.

If you don't have pie filling, you can use jam.

Comments

Beth said…
Yum! i'll be trying these :) What is a cooing school?
Well Beth, I guess you found my typo--thank you! It should have been cooking school.
Beth said…
oh, sorry! :) I am the worst at editing, I have a friend that will email me every time I post something with a typo. sort of ironic that i saw yours--and that I didn't even know it was a typo! haha
I have heard that we can't edit what we write, because we know it too well, so keep the typo corrections coming.

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!