Paci Boy


Some children are just naturally funny. Griffin is one of those; he cracks me up. One morning on his recent visit to Colorado he appeared in our bedroom with bedhead and four pacifiers in his mouth...four. Most mouths are not big enough for two, but he was able to fit all four into his, including a girlie pink one.

The question became why? Why would he want or need four? He sleeps with all of them each night using them one at a time exchanging them out. When one gets too hot or too wet or too something else, he pulls it out and goes on to the next one. It was complicated to me...one would have been much easier to keep up with and to manage, but what do I know?

Our world has become too complicated also. We have excess everything in this country. We have too many gadgets, too many clothes, too many TVs, too many cars, too many bedrooms, too many ________ (you fill in the blank).

All of these “things” distract us from enjoying the most important things people, relationships, conversations, even God. Why do we think we need more when really all we need is to be content with what God has graciously provided to us?

Philippians 4:11-12 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!