Trust on the Tarmac


Walking across the Tarmac at our small airport and glancing up at the plane, I spotted the pilot in the tip of the cockpit. He looked awfully small to be able to maneuver the large plane across the country.

I have never been able to understand the dynamics of how a plane can become airborne and stay in the sky going to a particular destination without complications or danger, yet I still choose to put my trust in someone I don't know and in an object that I don't understand to take me to my destination.

Millions of people do the same thing each and every day. Many of these same trusting people refuse another important area of trust. They refuse to trust the Creator of this wonderfully amazing universe where we live. They refuse to believe that there is a God who cares about our lives. And they refuse to trust that God has a perfect plan for their lives.

How can we trust a stranger and yet not trust the Master of the universe?

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;

 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.


www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!