Airplane Faith


I have no clue as to how an airplane gets into the air and stays there for hundreds of miles, but I do trust the fact that it will happen. Each time I board a jet-liner, I put my faith and trust in something that I do not understand and cannot explain. I know there are laws of aerodynamics that determine speed, size, shape, engine thrust, etc., but since I can hardly fold a paper airplane to keep it airborne for any length of time I would never attempt to describe the way an aircraft flies. 

My lack of understanding does not prevent me from getting on the plane, buckling my seat belt and relaxing while the plane and pilot work in tandem to get me to my destination. If I can have faith in an inanimate object and a frail human pilot, why should I have trouble putting my faith in the Creator of the Universe? He has given us evidence of Himself in the world that He designed. It all points to Him, so why do we choose to ignore those signs and try to do things our own way?

Faith is evidence of things unseen; if we can always see things clearly, it is not faith instead it would be called fact. God wants us to trust Him even when we don’t understand what He is doing or why certain things happen. Faith sometimes requires a lot of courage. We want to know the who, what, when, where, and how before we make a commitment, but God wants us to say, “I’m all in” before we know all of the facts. It is only when we step out in faith that He begins to show us the details that we need to know. 

We can trust God; He will always be faithful to us when we take the step of obedience to be on board with His plans for our lives.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!