The Power of His Presence


Billy was taking care of the kids for the weekend, so that Margaret could go and visit one of her friends who had just had a baby. Billy is a great dad who loves his kids and they adore him, but are also used to having their mother around at bedtime. Apparently Molly was upset and wanted her mother to put her to bed. What was Billy to do? He got creative and gave Molly a picture of Margaret and let her sleep with it during the weekend until her mother returned. 

Aren’t we a little like Molly? Now I may not need my mother at bedtime, but I certainly want my Father—my Heavenly Father that is. Whenever going to bed, I want to snuggle into the arms of God and talk to Him about the day. It is a part of my day when I feel safe and secure. I don’t need a picture as a reminder of Him since I know He is there. I can rest in the assurance of His presence even though I can’t see Him, because His Word tells me that He will never leave me. 

Do you feel secure with your Father? What can you do to help you feel His presence in a real and personal way? 

Psalm 73:23-24 Yet I am always with you;
   you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
   and afterward you will take me into glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!