After applying for a new job which seemed to be a perfect fit for my skills, talents and desires I told a few people about it, so as I went through the interview process they prayed and provided encouragement to me. On the day of one of the interviews a friend brought me a card with a lovely pocket cross in it—to take with me. I felt confident in the process, so it was just a waiting game. Eventually I heard the news that someone else had been offered the position. Although I was a little surprised and a bit disappointed, I also knew that if God had wanted me to have the job, He would have placed me in it. Next came the difficult part, explaining to friends that I didn’t get the job. First the friend who had given me the pocket cross. Her response was, “Well it didn’t work.” But I quickly responded, “Oh yes it did. God must not have wanted me in the new role.” The next day another friend called to check and see if I had heard anything and when I told her the news, sh...
Comments