Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep...

It was one of those evenings when the grandkids had been up too late and got beyond the point of no return. It was a team effort to get them to bed. Will had his bath and was in his jammies, so we went to lie in his bed to get him settled down.

I thought that the best thing to do was have him close his eyes and pray. Since I knew it would take a while to get him quieted I began to pray through his body. I started with his head and prayed that God would give him a good mind that he would learn about God and desire to know Him early in life. I prayed for his eyes, that he would be able to see the needs of people in the world and that he would see as God sees. I requested that God would use his mouth to speak forth truth and use kind words. I prayed for his ears that God would help him to listen carefully to His words and learn what the Bible says.

I prayed for his heart that God would help him to love other people and show them kind actions. His hands were blessed to be used for gentleness and kindness to others. I prayed that his legs would be strong and that they would be used in the race of life and that his feet would be beautiful as they take the good news to other places.

Since Molly and Margaret had come in on the middle of our prayer, when we were finished praying over Will, Molly said, “Now tell my story.” How precious! She didn’t quite get the wording right, but she knew that it was something special to be prayed over and to be blessed on every part of her body, so we started with Molly’s head and prayed down to her toes. For a night that started out a bit wild, it turned out to be a sweet, sweet moment in time with both of the grandchildren hearing how God wants to be able to use every part of their body in service to Him.

Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!