Judge Judy Junkie

What are your favorite TV shows? Are there ones that you must watch each week? 

I am not a huge television watcher, so some of you may find the following confession quite odd. I watch Judge Judy—okay, I said it. She can be quite offensive with the badgering of the litigants and the loud accusations and harsh words, but there are certain things that I do enjoy about the show.

It is difficult for me to understand why people cannot get along. Now I know that there are certain situations where lawsuits are necessary, but I have a hard time comprehending how mothers can sue daughters and grandchildren can sue grandparents or how about best friends being so upset over such little things that they must take it to court. Most of the cases are over money or possessions, but shouldn't  people and relationships be considered more important than “things”? Also what ever happened to forgiveness and working things out through compromise?

I have noticed a pattern on Judge Judy. Many are drug abusers, or alcoholics. Some drive with no license, while others have a habit of fighting. Many are greedy and others are liars. Do you see the pattern? The majority of people who end up on the show have a history of making poor choices. 

People need to take responsibility for their own actions and mistakes or better yet they need to make the right choices in the first place. They need to think before they act. Gee, that’s a novel thought isn’t it?

Judge Judy could use more tact in her comments and her approach to finding out the truth, but she is usually right on target in figuring out who is at fault and putting the people in their place.

There is a Judge that Judge Judy and everyone who has ever lived will stand before one day. That Judge is one who is righteous and fair, and knows every detail of our lives clearly. He will reward some for their faith in Him and will punish others for the life they lived apart from Him. I’m sure glad that God is the one that I will stand before and not some human who sees situations from their perspective and understanding. God sees all, knows all and will judge all according to His rules and His standards. 

2 Timothy 4:8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Comments

Christy said…
Olga, you are just full of surprises!
Marybeth Showalter said…
I love your confession!
Christy, I thought you knew that Judge Judy and Biggest Loser were my downfall.

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!