Lisette Charbonnet's Carrot Cake

Carrot Cake
This recipe was given to me by a girl I went to college with who was from New Orleans. I wish I could thank her for this recipe that I have used for years.

The measurements in parenthesis are to be used if at high altitude.
2 c sugar (2 cups less 2 T)
1 ¼ c oil (1 ½ c)
4 eggs (same)
2 c all purpose flour (2 ½ c)
2 t baking powder (none)
2 t baking soda (1 ½ t)
1 t salt (1 ½ t)
2 t cinnamon (same)
3 c chopped carrots—about 1 lb (same)
Mix sugar and oil together until blended. Add 1 egg at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon in bowl; then add t o oil and sugar mixture. Mix until smooth. Add carrots and mix well until blended. Pour batter equally into 3 greased 8 inch pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Frosting
1 box Confectioner’s sugar
8 oz Cream Cheese
1 stick of margarine
2 t vanilla
½ c chopped nuts
Mix all ingredients together until smooth as possible.
This cake is best if made a few days ahead of time. Keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

My Latest Award!

Mount of the Holy Cross