Biopsy Blessing

Today I am grateful for my biopsy result—benign, no cancer present. I was prepared for the other option-cancer… after all my grandmother died from breast cancer. Since leading the One in a Million Study this fall, I assumed that having cancer might just be the next wilderness that God had for me, but that’s not to be at this time. 

As thrilled and thankful that I am that my fate was not the latter one, my heart goes out to all of the people who found out today that their results were not as good as mine. Why did God spare me and yet allow them to suffer?  

I am not deserving of all of the good that God has given me in my life. Although I have suffered with a diversity of trials in my life, God has always proven faithful and trustworthy in bringing me through each of them. They have not always been with out heartache along the way, but He has provided people to help me, circumstances to comfort me and always His Words that give me hope.

Lord, I thank you and praise Your Name for the outcome of my biopsy. You have once again given me more than I ask or imagine. But I want to lift up to you all of the people who have received a difficult diagnosis today. Lord I pray that you will give them strength and courage to face all of the things that they will encounter in the days ahead. I pray that you will place people in their paths who can give them love and encouragement. I pray Lord that they will seek You and find You in new and different ways during this time. Reveal Yourself to them through Your Holy Word when they open it, search it, study it or stumble across it.  Oh Lord it is hard for us to understand Your ways, but we know that they are holy, pure and perfect, therefore we trust You in Your plans for our lives. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.

Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David
Thanks for letting me know. I have changed the settings for phone usage, so maybe it will be in a better format now.
Olga

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

My Latest Award!

Mount of the Holy Cross