Princess Time


Molly’s birthday was last week. Her party was fun-filled with unicorn rides, rainbows and lots of sweet treats. As a four year old, she has definitely gotten the concept of birthdays down. Throughout the year she has seen many of her friends experience their birthday and so she knows that she should be put on a pedestal for the day and that everyone pays special attention to the birthday girl--her wants and desires which for her includes pink, sparkly and anything princess. 

Now I want Molly to feel loved and special in every way, but I do not want her to think that the world revolves around her, because that is false thinking. There is a fine line between my granddaughter being stuck on herself and thinking that everyone else should be too and her feeling valued and realizing that all people are valued.

My mother used to say that my grandmother would tell her that “no one was better than she was and she was not better than anyone.” I think that is exactly what I want Molly to understand. That even though during her birthday week she might be the center of attention, next week it will be someone else’s turn to be the princess. Each person is special and unique because God has put them together with the exact qualities and characteristics, skills and talents that He wants them to have. So why is it that often times people think that they are better than others because of the way that they look or the way that they can do something or because of what they have? 

Princess Molly your reign might be over for this year, but I want you to know you will still be worthy in my eyes and the eyes of God.

Romans 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!