The Dreaded Question


The dreaded question—which is better a or b, b or c? I had my annual eye doctor appointment last week and when he asked me to determine which lens was better than the other it was confusing. Sometimes I felt like he was trying to trick me, although I know he was really trying to get the best and clearest vision for me. It can be challenging to determine which is the best when it is ever so slight.

It can be complicated to have not only clear physical vision, but spiritual and mental clarity too. A friend recently asked me to pray for her to be able to discern the truth from lies in her counseling sessions. What a brilliant idea! What she really wanted was to have clear vision in a situation where it could be a little fuzzy and gray. She wants to be able to see God, His Word and His truth accurately and to be able to live her life by it.

Often we simply accept what the world has to say and don’t take the time to check to see if it is the right lens. It might be close to being right, but being ever so slightly off can make it the wrong prescription for those of us who are followers of Christ.

Lord I want to see clearly, so help me to remove any obstacles that prevent me from it. Help me to keep my focus on You and not get distracted with the things of the world. Give me Your lens, so that my vision will not be distorted.

Luke 8:10 He said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, “‘though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.”
www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!