What Do Washcloths Have to Do with Israel?



Washcloth was among the myriad of other things on the list of things to take on the trip to Israel. It was the only thing I didn't pack as instructed, after all they would certainly have them in the hotel room. At the first two hotels there was no problem, but at hotel number three, there were none in the rooms.

A note had been placed on the bed telling us that they wanted to provide excellent service, and if we needed anything in order to make our stay more enjoyable, just let them know.  A stop at the front desk and I was promised that it would be delivered. Two hours later I was still waiting. On my way back to the front desk, I encountered a hotel employee with a cart and followed him to the "employee only" door.

I asked for a washcloth and he holds up two towels, I shook my head. He then held up a roll of paper towels, again I shook my head no. All the while holding my hand in a small square and then rubbing my face. He then tried to give me shampoo. No again. I then pointed to the towel and motioned small with my hands and he then took me to the cart to look for what I wanted myself. Not there either.

Finally he held up the two original towels again and I took them with me as if that was the reason I had come.

There was obviously a language barrier, but the real problem started before I left home. I had not followed my instructions. If I had packed a washcloth, I would have had it. The people writing the list knew what they were talking about and realized that if we wanted a simple washcloth we should bring it from home, because many of the hotels did not provide them.

God has given us His instruction book, the Bible. He sometimes tells us things for reasons that we don't always understand, but He has his reasons and He always knows best.

The question is will we be obedient or will we have to learn from the messes that are created when we make the mistake of not following His instructions.

Even though I had been disobedient, the wife of our wonderful tour guide brought my roomie and me a beautiful array of colorful washcloths. They were undeserved, but most appreciated.

Proverbs 8:33 Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not disregard it.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!