Walking Where Jesus Walked



While in Israel I walked where Jesus walked. I went to Capernaum and saw Peter's house and then to the temple just steps away. Did I touch the same dirt, breathe the same air, and see the same stones that Jesus had? Possibly. But does it really matter of it is the actually the exact spot? Not really.

Just being in the area where Jesus had His earthly ministry is life changing. To see the places where important events took place help you to better visualize your Bible. Before going on my trip I had been told that a journey to Israel would make my Bible like a pop-up book instead of flat pages and it's true. Now as I read, I can place myself in places that we saw.

Often throughout Israel churches have been built directly on the site where something important happened, but the structure built where Peter's house is believed to have been is raised above the site so you can actually look down on the home where Jesus may have performed the miracles. It's much larger than I would have thought, indicating that Peter's family was probably quite wealthy.

Today the church is the site of hundreds of visitors daily from every nation, every tribe and every tongue. The emotions run wild thinking of heaven and which of these children of God I will meet again someday in eternity.

As I sat reflecting on the events that might have happened at that location, I was also struck by what continued happening at that location.

People were praying, worshiping and praising God, some sitting quietly, others prostrate on the floor each reverently honoring their God. In the day of Jesus, people came for many different reasons-- love, curiosity, healing, passion and even trying to trap Him. Today most come for the same reason--they have come to the realization the Jesus, God in the flesh, lived a perfect life so that we could become a child of God through the forgiveness that His death provides.

It is special to be where Jesus was, but our worship of Him should not be limited to times and places like that, but should be just as passionate anywhere and everywhere that we go.

Psalm 103:22 Praise the Lord, all His works everywhere in His dominion. Praise the Lord my soul.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Kellie said…
What an amazing experience that must have been!

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!