Biggest Losers



You might not think that the biggest losers would be found on a trip to Israel, but you might classify Doris and me as the "biggest losers" in our group.

No, we weren't the biggest losers of weight, due to eating three multi-course meals daily for the entire trip. However we could be called the biggest losers of possessions.

Prior to the trip we were told that we needed to be very cautious while traveling in Israel, not only because of the unrest and violence that we might experience, but also regarding money and possessions. So, we began using the safe provided by the hotel. We would place cash, credit cards, jewelry, even iPads in there when we left the room.

We had a lovely room on the first level of the hotel which had a patio area that overlooked the Sea of Galilee and the pool deck. It was beautifully nestled in the palm trees with birds of paradise flanking the railing. There was just one problem, the door would not lock and we didn't like the idea of the easy accessibility of a stranger entering our room. Maintenance was called and repaired the lock and then off to dinner we went.

The problem was discovered when we returned. I went to the safe to get my iPad and discovered that the safe was open and Doris' money pouch and my iPad were missing. Apparently her money had not been in the safe, because after a few panic struck moments, she found it in her suitcase.

But where was the iPad? Had the maintenance worker come back after we left? Was the door really unlocked and an intruder stolen it? We searched everywhere...suitcases, bathroom, drawers, under the beds. It was not to be found. I really didn't care about losing the iPad except that I had been using it to take pictures of the trip and those would all be lost.

The only thing left to do would be to notify our trip leader and the hotel security, but I went one more time to the safe that we had already examined multiple times and burst into laughter.

The iPad was in there the whole time. Then l remembered having turned the device on it's end in order to get the door closed. The red cover I had been looking for was facing the back of the safe with the black side facing out; I had mistaken it for the back of the safe.

That was only the first of the lost and found items on the trip. Doris lost her phone while touring one day only to discover it on the counter when we returned back to the room. Money, makeup, clothing and no telling what else were among the misplaced items.

“Have you seen my.......?”  “And I knew you would find it” became our two favorite sayings.
You might say we were the biggest losers, but we would also have to be considered the biggest finders too.

Luke 15:9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, “Rejoice with me, I have found my lost coin.”

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Christy said…
How funny! I can just picture you two :-)
Kellie said…
I couldn't see anything in the picture until after reading the post. LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!