Jeremy Camp



It was the first Valley wide concert for a Christian artist at the Gerald Ford Amphitheater. All of the local churches had come together to support an outreach to the community and it looked as if it would be a huge success. Fifteen hundred people waited in line for the gates to open, pallets were laid on the ground, all in anticipation of the concert. A young local girl was the first on stage, a rapper followed her and then a rock and roll artist. Each of them shared their faith through their style of music and through their testimony. And then came the star performer, Jeremy Camp.

Sitting on the lawn on an evening when it should have rained, but instead the sun shone brightly I was reflecting on the music, but my real focus was elsewhere. As I gazed at the crowd, I saw many people I knew whose private journey was one of hurt and pain and began to pray for them.

  • The woman whose husband had died
  • The friend whose son had just gotten out of prison
  • The one facing surgery later that week
  • The mother and daughter at the trying stage of the teen years
  • The friend whose husband's failing business had caused them to lose it all
  • The husband going through a divorce because of addictions
  • The one whose daughter is having complications with her pregnancy

From my vantage point I could see so many who needed prayer and that became my priority instead of the concert. It was a privilege to be given the task of praying for these people and for the many in the audience who were hearing about Jesus for the first time.


Thank you Lord that no matter where we are we can pray.


Psalm 17:6 I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!