The Last One Chosen



If you are like me, you may have memories of being the last one picked for the team on the playground as a child. Since I never excelled at sports, I always dreaded when the announcement was made that classmates would select the teams for the playground game.
It's probably the reason why I pull for the underdog, why I befriend the lonely and seek to be the includer. I don't want anyone to be left out no matter who, what, when, where or why.

That's most likely why I had my feelings hurt when it was announced that none of the administrative staff would be invited to the yearly Sales Conference. We had always been invited in previous years and I looked forward to connecting with people that I have known for the past 10 years, but it was not to be this year.

My pity party went on for a few days until gifts (see picture) and offers of lunch as a thank you for the daily work done to help the team be successful. It's actually been quite productive for me to be in the office with relatively few distractions.

Situations like this serve as reminders of my thankfulness that Jesus doesn't pick teams, but He desires all of us to be a part of His team. We don't have to wonder if or when we will be chosen. He chose us before the beginning of time and simply says, "Come" to the weak, weary, lonely, outcasts--anyone who will answer the call.

Thank you Lord.

Ephesians 1:3-6 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will—to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!