Total Trust


Last Saturday, I put total trust in 2 men I had never met along with a cable, and two large metal clips, a cloth harness, a plastic helmet and a funny little sliding metal piece. Not much to it, but I flung myself off of a cliff trusting that the men knew what they were doing and that the negligible equipment would hold me high above the plunging valley 200 feet beneath me.

I went zip lining through Wolcott’s beautiful Alkali Creek Canyon on one of the top 10 rated courses in the world. I started off with the backwards trust fall, rode tandem with a buddy and ended the sixth phase by gliding over 1000 feet through the air at approximately 30 miles an hour.

From the first moment to the last it was a fun filled afternoon with a great group of women, each pushing ourselves to new limits, trying things that took us out of our comfort zones and coming away feeling empowered.

The question of the day for me was how can I trust complete strangers and just a few pieces of equipment, and yet find it difficult to trust the Almighty Creator of the universe.

Have you ever had a trust issue with God?

Do you wonder if He is capable of handling your biggest challenges?

Have you ever wondered if you can rely on Him for the smallest details of your life?

After seeing how easy it is to trust strangers and man-made gadgets, how can I not put total faith in the living God? My God is all knowing, all powerful and sovereign. He is not just acquainted with the laws of nature, He created them. His plan is not just for the world at large, but for each individual life. If God can hold the stars in space and cause the seasons to change can’t He manage anything that life throws my way? I think so…no I know so.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!