Where Will I Lay My Head April 1



Not sure exactly where I will be on April 1 ...but as of that date 275 River Ranch Road will no longer be my home address. No this is not an early prank. In the next few weeks the stuff will be purged, boxes will be packed and the moving van pulling away from the front door, but I don't know where my head will lay in the days, weeks or months to come.

Am I worried? Am I concerned? Am I fearful? No. No. No.

I ran into a friend while walking this afternoon;  As we visited about a variety of topics my friend exclaimed that we don't know how we will respond in certain situations until we are faced head on with them. I totally agree. At this point I thought she might like to hear about the message that she had missed at church on Sunday, since we have both been going through some similar upheavals and it seemed to be applicable.

Pastor Craig had preached on two questions that Jesus asked His disciples in Mark chapter 8. Who do people say that I am and who do you say that I am? He taught that our convictions fall into 3 categories. Public convictions are the ones that we say we believe for one reason or another. Private convictions are what I think I believe. And core convictions are what our actions reveal we believe. This reinforced my friend's previous revelation.

 I also shared that we had ended the service with the hymn "Wherever He Leads I Will Go." The worship leader said that he had changed the closing song just that morning due to a leading from the Lord; I felt it was just for me with the looming moving situation. Again my friend reiterated that although we can sing the words we don't know how we will respond until faced with the dilemma.  I knew she was referring to situations in her own life, but had she completely forgotten that I too was walking through unknown waters? I feel that all I can do is trust in Jesus to guide my path and show me what the next steps will be. He has been faithful in the past and I am certain that He will be faithful in this too. He has already abundantly provided temporary places for us with family and friends who have offered rooms, basements, a condo and other options until we discover what God has in store for us next.

I am looking forward to the next great adventure...it's going to be wonderful. Although there may be stones along the way, the path will have beauty sprinkled everywhere.

Lamentations 3:22-23 22
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.


This is the hymn we sang. It's going to be my prayer this week.
Wherever He Leads I'll Go
FALLS CREEK
B.B. McKinney, 1936


"Take up thy cross and follow Me," I heard my Master say;
"I gave My life to ransom thee, Surrender your all today."
Wherever He leads I'll go, Wherever He leads I'll go,
I'll follow my Christ who loves me so, Wherever He leads I'll go.


He drew me closer to His side, I sought His will to know;
And in that will I now abide, Wherever He leads I'll go.
Wherever He leads I'll go, Wherever He leads I'll go,
I'll follow my Christ who loves me so, Wherever He leads I'll go.


It may be thro' the shadows dim, Or o'er the stormy sea,
I take my cross and follow Him, Wherever He leadeth me.
Wherever He leads I'll go, Wherever He leads I'll go,
I'll follow my Christ who loves me so, Wherever He leads I'll go.


My heart, my life, my all I bring to Christ who loves me so;
He is my Master, Lord, and King, Wherever He leads I'll go.
Wherever He leads I'll go, Wherever He leads I'll go,
I'll follow my Christ who loves me so, Wherever He leads I'll go.


www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!