True Love



The kids had arrived late the night before and little Griffin was still asleep when I left for work. It had been almost 2 months since I had seen him and I wasn't certain he would recognize or even remember me at his young age.

I was engaged in a training when a glance out of the corner of my eye told me that the whole crew had arrived--Tommy, Margaret, Will, Molly and Griffin.

I heard shouting, "Ma Ma" and saw squirming as I finished my conversation. As soon as he was unbuckled from the stroller Griffin, dressed in a bundle of snowsuit and a fur lined loggers cap, came running toward me with arms outstretched. He did remember me...he couldn't wait for me to pick him up and smother him with kisses. And I couldn't have been happier to experience his true love.

As I thought about it, I realized that this must be the way God feels when we are excited to spend time with Him. He doesn't want is to come out of obligation or drudgery, but He wants us to come joyfully to Him with great expectation of the love and acceptance that He wants to shower on us.

Lord help me to love You unconditionally and to run to You with open arms, calling Your name "Abba," excited to spend time with You.

Deuteronomy 10:12 What does the Lord your God ask of you, but to fear the Lord your God, To walk in obedience to Him, to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul. 

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!