Wasted or Worthy



The dad and his young son entered Jason's Deli together. While the dad was ordering I noticed that his T-shirt message read "Because it's never too late to start wasting your life." 


Hmmm, I wondered what the statement meant. So I asked.

The man informed me that his wife had purchased the shirt for him from a restaurant in Atlanta. I still didn't quite get the meaning of it and continued pondering it even after we parted ways.

I'm probably a bit old fashioned and I'm sure I take things too seriously, but who wants to waste their life?


We are never sure how much time we will actually have. Some are cut way too short and others seem to live longer than the body was meant to be here, but none of us know exactly how long we have left on this earth, so why would we want to waste even a minute of it?

It's not to say that we don't ever spend the time granted to us with leisure activities, but to waste it purposefully seems silly, careless and senseless. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we should be workaholics or never spend time doing things that we enjoy, but to waste it day after day just seems plain wrong to me.

God says that our lives should have purpose.


  • As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 1 Thessalonians 4:1
  • For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience. Colossians 1:9-11
  • For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 1 Thessalonians 4:7


So it looks like the choice is yours—a life of purpose or a wasted life. Which will you choose?

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1
 

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!