Who Deserves Your Praise?



Most children have good and bad days, up and down periods, delightful and challenging stages. 

My grandson Will has had a great year with a wonderful teacher and my daughter wanted to compliment him on the current positive phase in his life, so she said, “Will I am so proud of all you have learned this year.”

Without hesitating, 7 year old Will responded, “You shouldn’t be proud of me. You should be proud of my teacher, since she is the one who taught me.”

His statement made me laugh, but I thought there was a bit of truth to it. We tend to want to take credit for what we know, what we accomplish or what we can do. However if we really stop to recognize the one who deserves it, we will thank God because without Him we would be nothing. 

God gives us wisdom and knowledge along with skills and talents to learn, to achieve and to succeed. He is the One that needs to be praised and honored.

You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God! Psalm 68:35 

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!