A Moment in Time



Have you ever had one of those moments that you knew it was going to be an important time in your life? It might have been in a common, ordinary spot or someplace you had never been before, but you knew that God was at work.

One of those times for me was on a trade show floor in Toronto, Canada. I was alone in the booth as it was early in the day when suddenly a man approached, but it was no ordinary man. He could not speak and his method of communication was by writing in a small spiral notebook kept in the pocket of his coat. 

It didn’t take me long to determine that he was a man on a mission. He had come to the bustling trade show in hopes of introducing men and women to the Lord…quite a feat for a man without an audible voice. When he pulled out the Four Spiritual Laws I told him that I already knew Jesus. 

He began writing excitedly about what had happened to take his voice away, describing how God had led him to the huge auditorium that afternoon and encouraging me that God had a plan for my life. He wrote about the power of prayer and continued turning the pages of his lined note pad with message after message about life and faith and God. 

It seemed as if we were the only two people in the huge, crowded arena. The noise had been masked by the simple written conversation that we were having—two strangers but a common bond, Jesus.

As he left that afternoon I told him I would pray that God would give him his voice back, although he didn’t need it to proclaim truth. I also requested that he tear out a page from his pad of paper. It said, “Power is on knees…move mountains.”

Since that time, I have framed the simple piece of paper and keep it in my bedroom as a reminder that if God can use a man without a voice to speak forth truth, anything is possible.

So when the mountains come into my life, the things that seem to be too big, too insurmountable, too challenging to overcome, all I have to do is look at the framed scrap and be reminded that with God nothing is impossible, After all if I get on my knees the mountains can be moved by my mighty God. 

For nothing is impossible with God.” Luke 1:37

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!