Are You Ready?


This morning a young man stopped by my desk and asked me if I was ready for the rapture tomorrow. Interested in finding out more about him and his beliefs, I asked him what he was talking about. He then began telling about the group of people who believe that on Saturday, May 21st around dinner time (I’m not sure which time zone!), Jesus will return in the clouds to take all who believe in Him to heaven.

My co-worker then began mocking the theory by saying that he was going to put on his aluminum foil outfit and put his dog on a leash, so he would not be taken up to heaven. 

Now don’t get me wrong. I do believe that one day the rapture will happen and Jesus will return for me and everyone else who has accepted His blood as payment for their sin, but I do not believe that we can pinpoint a specific day for the return of Christ, since Jesus states in Matthew 24:36: “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

As the discussion with my co-worker progressed, I professed that if the rapture were to happen today, tomorrow or any other time I was ready to meet my Savior. I also stated that everyone needs to be prepared for it at any time since we never know when our life on earth will end, whether by disease, by accident, by old age or by the rapture. 

With this conversation fresh on my mind as I drove home from work, the gray clouds that have covered our skies for days began to part. I thought to myself that this could be the day and that the opening in the clouds would be a perfect spot for Jesus to return to earth from His home in heaven. Then a blinding light shone through the opening as if on cue…it was only the sun shining through, but one day it will be the blinding light of God Himself.

Will you be ready for that day?

Acts 1:9-11 After He said this, He was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid Him from their sight. They were looking intently up into the sky as He was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen Him go into heaven.”
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!