The Words We Say


How often do we say words without thinking of the way that they might affect someone else? How often have someone else's words affected us for good as well as to hurt us in some way?

A decade or more I was speaking to a friend that I rarely see. She had been in a car accident and was struggling with the slow and sometimes painful healing process. 

A simple statement was made, "God knit you together before you were born, so He can knit you together again." 

I had long forgotten those words of encouragement that had been spoken, but my friend didn't. In fact she would need them even more when she struggled with her breast cancer.

She said that simple truth had helped her get through the tough days and times. 

Often times we think we have to speak a discourse to people, when all they might need are just a few short words spoken. 

Lord may my words be ones of encouragement; may they be spoken with love; and may they be few in number, but full of truth.

Matthew 12:36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the Day of Judgment for every empty word they have spoken.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!