Snake in the Road


Morning walks are my favorites. The world seems fresh and new. The sun peeks over the mountain, the cool night air still lingers, the animals are awake and busily starting their morning routine.

That's why the sight alarmed me. Everything else was perfection until I spotted the curled ribbon along the way. It startled me at first, but after a closer look, I realized the snake was not alive, but had been run over and thus destroyed its power to harm or even frighten me anymore.

These days, all we have to do is turn on the morning news to hear how rampant Satan is in the world today. The mass murders, the disasters, the financial crisis all make it seem that God has lost all control and that the enemy is winning, but the dead snake in the road served as a reminder that he has already been defeated; his fate has been sealed and even though he can still cause havoc, his time is short.

Jesus will return in power and in glory to rule for all eternity while Satan will be thrown into the lake of fire to be tormented forever. AMEN!

 
John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!