Tough Temple Talk


Most people reading this blog would never consider harming a church building. We would never spray paint the interior or the exterior with graffiti. We wouldn't go in and turn over the chairs or pews. We wouldn't steal anything from the building. And we certainly would not destroy any part of the place where we worship.
However, we might be inadvertently doing just that.
You see God tells us that when we belong to Him, our bodies are not our own, but they are the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit.
So that means that if I put bad foods, including too much sugar, fat or processed foods into my mouth, I am defiling the temple. If I choose to be a couch potato instead of keeping fit, I am allowing the temple to become in disrepair. And if I choose to participate in behaviors that are known to cause diseases or illnesses, then I am destroying the very place that God resides.
Any and all of these behaviors can cause our bodies harm and not be as healthy as possible, therefore we will not be as useful and productive as God has planned.
Are there any changes that need to happen so that you can allow God's residence to be the best it can be? If so, what will you do to start today?
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!