The Face of Evil


When is the last time you were called the face of evil? It hasn't been that long since it happened to me. You might be wondering what I did to have that description attached to me. Well, I was only doing my job.

When you Google the phrase "the face of evil" you come up with some interesting and quite scary images. Everything from satanic looking faces to horror movies to modern day serial killers was posted, none of which I thought bore my resemblance or at least I hope not.


So if my looks weren't the reason for the comment, what actions would have deserved that term?


After all, as a child of God I am viewed as a righteous saint even if I don't always live up to the description that God gives me. And I do try to live my life in a way that pleases God and is kind to others. So what had I done that was so evil? I was the middle man and the buffer for others in our company that request comp or discounted rooms at our hotels. It doesn't sound so bad, but when you request them almost everyday from one person or another I'm sure it gets old for the the people running the hotels and trying to make a profit for the company. I feel that the descriptive title was quite extreme, but I played along with it even signing my next email to the person with the phrase.


Lord help me to never destroy the name of Jesus by my words or my actions, but help me to be the face of Jesus to a lost and dying world.


1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.
 


www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!