Eleanor's Fix


Eleanor stuck her nose where it didn’t belong. Now I have known Eleanor since she was a little pup, just adopted from the Humane Society. She has always had a flair for life, which can also mean that she can sometimes get herself in a bit of a fix. That’s exactly what happened to her last week. 

Eleanor and her companion, Gabe, were out for a hike along the river. The dog was exploring off leash a little ways away when her master heard a ruckus in the distance by the water’s edge. She didn’t think too much of it until the dog returned with a sheepish look on her face and some added adornment—porcupine quills.

 Although it must have hurt, she wasn’t crying or yelping or even whimpering, clearly she had been close enough to get stuck in the snout by the prickly needles.

The expression on her face seems to say it all. “I think I did something I shouldn’t have done.”
We too have been known to stick our noses where they don’t belong. Maybe it’s in someone else’s business, or maybe it is going someplace that we know is not best for us or doing something that we know to be wrong. Usually when our noses are where they shouldn’t be it has something to do with sin and it’s about to hurt. 

Just as Eleanor suffered the consequences of her exploration into the wild, a similar thing happens to us. Although it might not be porcupine needles in the face, but there are consequences never the less. They can come in many forms, such as pain, heartache, sickness, broken relationships and a sundry of other things. 

Will I be as willing as Eleanor to return to my Master and admit that I have done wrong, accepting the consequences and not whining about the pain incurred due to my nose being stuck where it never should have been?

Zechariah 1:3 Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!