Pity Party



I was having a pity party, questioning why I had made the decision to fly to Massachusetts using an airline voucher. Weeks before the flights  had been wide open, but when the time came to depart they all were full and it looked like there was no way I would make it to the wedding if I left on Thursday as originally planned. Why hadn't I bought a ticket when my husband bought his? Why did I have to take an additional day off from work? What had I been thinking?

The solution was to fly into Boston on Wednesday to assure I would arrive in time for the wedding festivities. Forget the fact that my alarm was set for 2:30 AM and that during the 2 hour drive to the airport the sun did not rise...at least I could sleep on the plane.

Since I was flying standby I wasn't sure if I would be able to get on the scheduled connecting flight in Chicago so when I saw that the earlier flight was in the final boarding stage I ran to the gate to see if there was a possibility of getting on. I used the right lingo by saying I was a "non-rev through passenger" and they let me on right before closing the gate. Phew! I would make it to Boston 3 hours earlier than scheduled. Things were beginning to look up.

I decided that just maybe God had a plan and purpose in all of this. Maybe this could turn into a mini-retreat. I could get in some exercise, get some well needed extra sleep and have time to bask in the presence of the Lord. Those things were a special treat, but the highlight of the additional day was being able to spend several hours with my cousin.

Charlene drove in from the Cape; we had lunch and did a lot of catching up and sharing about what God is doing in our lives.

The pity party had been unnecessary; instead God had a perfect surprise in store for me. When am I going to learn to trust Him in all of the details, realizing that His plan, even with the twists and turns that seem like inconveniences is orchestrated by Him especially for me?

Thank you Lord that your plans are better than my plans.


Isaiah 14:24 The Lord Almighty has sworn, “Surely, as I have planned, so it will be’ and as I have purposed, so it will stand.”

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!