Undeserved Awards


Two Sales and Marketing awards sit at my desk. One is for assisting with growing the revenue for owned and operated properties through increasing reservations in our call center. The second is for re-inventing the media wedding FAM for Vail and Beaver Creek.

Awkward describes how I feel having the awards, because I was just one insignificant piece of the team that won the decorated snow globes. In both circumstances if I had not been invited to be a part of the group I wouldn’t have won anything. Almost anyone could have done my part in each of the successes, but one thing is for certain it took the whole team to win the prize.

For the award received last year, if the reservation agents had not done their job, it wouldn’t have happened. If the IT department had not gotten involved it wouldn’t have been as effective. And if the managers had not supported the effort, sales would not have increased.

In the case of the recognition this year, our PR firm brought top notch writers in to attend the familiarization trip. The hotels provided excellent lodging and spectacular food presentations. The mountain team set up fun activities and experiences. And the wedding sales teams created superb mock wedding displays.

My job in each of the awards was easy. I was invited to participate with great teams; I did what I was asked to do and received recognition for simply doing my job.

Sometimes as Christians we think winning the prize at the end of our race is all about ourselves and how well we do in living our lives, but I have come to realize that it’s not just about us. It’s about being invited to be a part of God’s team. God does the inviting to be a part of His team when He says “Come” and then we have a choice; we can obey or not. If we choose to be part of His team He begins revealing a beautiful plan for our lives, but again we have a choice. We can follow His plan or create our own. This continues until we complete the good works that He has planned for us. That’s when the award ceremony happens. I believe there will be a variety of awards, some more desirable than others for how obedient we have been, but each person who answers His call will receive an award for choosing to participate on His team.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!