Spreadsheet Mania



Spreadsheet mania...that's what I call it when I am up to my eyeballs in Excel documents at work. It may be budget season or bonus time or month end close but I may have a worksheet with 12 or more tabs with rows and columns of numbers that have to be examined, evaluated and analyzed.

For an accountant that might sound like an ideal day, but not so much for me. My eyes get tired, feeling strained and blurry. However a feeling of success does come over me when the task has been completed and the documents sent off to the appropriate person. My eyes may remain unfocused for a period of time as I move onto other tasks trying to get them back to normal.

Our spiritual eyesight can become strained and blurry too. It all depends on what we are focused on. When we have the focus on God the Father, His Son Jesus and the Truth found in the Bible, we will see clearly. However when we are focused on the world and the things in it we will become tired, stressed and won’t be able to distinguish the things that are really significant.

Sometimes we have to stop and take a few moments out of the day to clear our physical eyes, but maybe more importantly we must stop and get our spiritual eyes focused. A simple scripture, a short devotional or listening to a praise and worship song can help to reframe our minds and get us back on track during those hectic or busy days when we aren’t clear and attentive to the best things in life.

Jesus desires to restore our vision all day every day. Will you let Him?


Once more Jesus put his hands on the man’s eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. Mark 8:25 

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!