Like a Duck


It was one of the last beautiful fall days before winter sets in, so I wanted to take advantage of it by going for a walk around the lake. There were only a couple of ducks swimming on the cool water, I guess because the smart ones have already headed south for the winter. As I watched the ducks floating and paddling across the lake, I saw the wake that they left behind as they swam. 

We have all seen it before, the path starts with a narrow wave, but as the duck moves forward, the wake grows wider and reaches farther. The faster and harder the paddling, the larger and farther the wake travels.

You and I too leave behind wakes wherever we go; our lives touch others as we move through life. 

Tonight we said goodbye to our worship pastor, Joe Schlegal and his wife, Becky. They are good examples of this principle. Through his leadership and example, Joe has touched lives and has had a far reaching effect on people of all ages in our church. Becky has also left her mark on families through her work with the little ones at the child development center. The ripples of their lives are far reaching. Because of what they have done, people are now affecting others and making a difference in their lives.

I want to leave a trail behind. I want it filled with love and kindness. I want it to change people’s lives in a profound way. I want it to lead to transformation and growth. I want the wake to be large and far reaching, so I will keep paddling as hard as I can and never give up.

John 15:12-13 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!