Power Source


The power cord on my computer had seen its better days. The constant wrapping of the cord while traveling or transporting it places had taken its toll and the wiring was loose. It had to be in just the perfect position to provide power and would often just cut off when in use if the computer was moved into the wrong position because the battery would no longer hold a charge. The cord had been rigged together with duct tape in hopes of expanding the life just a little longer. (I think I need a new laptop. What do you think?)

A replacement cord had been searched for, but where we live it couldn’t be located. We had even tried a cord that had multiple heads, but none fit my make and model. However, tonight as my husband was packing for a trip, he discovered another set of plugs that he had used with his computer previously and laid it out to see if one of them might work with my setup. 

They were all laid out without much optimism of finding one to fit since the previous set had provided no relief for my dying computer. Looking at each of the tips one too large, one too small, one with a rim, one short, one long and then I discovered one that just might work. I slipped it into the slot and violà, woo-hoo, yippee…it fit and it worked.

All this time I had been suffering with the pain and frustration of my well-worn cord when the whole time, the solution was in my home, under my roof just waiting to be discovered and used. 

All too often the same is true of our lives. We muddle through situations and circumstances wanting and needing help. We look to different people and search for solutions in many places unaware that we already have what we need in God and His Word. When we discover the secret that was there the whole time, our lives are changed and enriched, but we could have had relief so much quicker if we had just gone to the Source that is always present, ready and waiting to share his power with us.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!