Most Improved

Will’s most recent experience with basketball was quite a success. At the awards ceremony he was given the Most Improved Player trophy. The coach gave a speech about how much my grandson’s game had improved, but another striking comment was that he always had a smile on his face. I’m not sure if other awards were given out, but I am awfully proud of Will for the one he received. 

Most improved means that no matter where you started, you made the most progress. In basketball it might mean that you made more baskets, or you learned to dribble with ease or that you thought more about the team than your own skills. 

In our Christian walk, I wonder how God would select the Most Improved Player. Do you think it would have anything to do with the things you are busy doing for Him? Or the one who memorized the most Bible verses? Or the one who had perfect attendance at church? Or the one who gave the most money to missionaries? Or do you think it would be given to the one who spent the most time getting to know Him through fellowship and then served Him according to the purpose He has for you life?

I’m aiming for this award when I meet my Maker. I want Him to say that I am His Most Improved Child.

Philippians 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!