The Desires of Our Heart


Owning a bed and breakfast was a dream of mine for many years. It sounded exciting to have a place filled with visitors from all over the country or even the world. I wanted to have a home where people could come for rest and refreshment, but the door was never opened for me to own a place where people would come and pay to stay at my cute Victorian cottage or my log cabin or my country inn.

Yet even though I don’t own a bed and breakfast, God has still granted me the desire of my heart. No, I might not get paid to have people come and stay with me, but I do have visitors from all over who come to visit throughout the year. Some are people that I have known forever, while others come as strangers but leave as “forever friends.” 

God has blessed me with lots of rooms that can be filled. Sometimes it’s not just beds that are occupied, but sofas and blow up mattresses are too. Since I work full time, I only promise two things—clean sheets and clean bathrooms upon arrival after that they're on their own. 

So I don’t get paid in cash by the people who come for a visit; I get a paid much more in memories and laughter and friendships.

Thank you Lord for giving me something better than I what I thought I wanted.

Psalm 34:7 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Comments

charlene said…
How I long to be your next guest:) Miss you, dear cousin!
Charlene, I would love it! When can you come?

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!