I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up


Most of us probably remember the TV commercial where the older woman cries out, "I've fallen and can't get up." It then urges the viewer to purchase a system which would monitor situations like hers.
Recently several friends and I went to see the Vail Skating Club Program. There were clowns, lions and elephants gliding across the ice for the "Big Top" theme for a night filled with fun.
The kids participating in the show were prepared, skilled and trained in their routines. However a couple of the skaters took a tumble when performing their ice skating routine.
The look on their faces told the story. They were disappointed and they wanted off the ice because of humiliation, but not one of them gave in to those feelings. Instead they got up, jumped right back into the choreographed routine and plastered a beautiful smile on their face to complete the performance.
Each of us have times when we stumble and fall. Times like these make us want to give up and to give in to the despairing thoughts that might try to embed themselves into our minds. But I think we need to learn from the skaters; just because we fall, we need to get right back up and get back on track. We shouldn't sit around moping over the failure nor should we give up and give in to fear or disappointment.
Pastor Craig frequently uses the phrase, "We are failing forward," which means as long as we are on this earth we will make mistakes, but we can't let them keep us from moving forward in our faith and our ultimate goal.
If you have fallen, will you join me in brushing off the dust, the sand or the ice and get back in sync with where we should be.
Philippians 3:13-14 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!