Counted Any Sheep Lately?


Do you ever have trouble sleeping? Most of us can answer yes to that question even if it is not a very frequent occurrence.
Why do we have this problem?
Top three reasons include:
  • Too much caffeine
  • Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, snoring or narcolepsy.
  • Stress
A friend a work told me that she had been counting a lot of sheep lately trying to put herself to sleep. It didn't sound like it had been very successful, so I thought I would share a few things that help me when I'm having trouble with catching up on my zzzzzzs and they all involve the abc's.
  1. Praise God for His attributes using the alphabet (Almighty, Bread of Life, Creator, Deliverer, Everlasting, Forgiveness, etc.)
  2. See if you can remember a Bible verse for each letter of the alphabet (All we like sheep have gone astray, Believe on The Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, Count it all joy when trials come your way, Do not be deceived, God cannot be mocked, etc.)
  3. Pray for the people in your life starting with A, then B, going on to C and all the way to Z.

Hopefully you will be asleep before you get to the end, but if not at least you would have been doing something productive. God does not promise us sleep, but He does promise us rest and the things mentioned above will help you rest and relax which might just help to put you to sleep.
Psalm 62:5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.
www.hearthope.org

Comments

Great post Olga. Enjoyed the advice given!

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!