Discrepancies


The guests stood in my kitchen and as often times happens the topic turns to my faith. It's not that I bring it up, but it’s just such a part of who I am that I'll answer a question in a way that it comes up or someone will ask a question about it. Whatever way it happens, I'm always ready and willing to share.

It was getting late as the discussion revolved around why it is so difficult for some people to choose faith in Jesus. Through the years I have discovered two district reasons--one is that people are so intelligent that they think they are smart enough to be God and so they don't really need Him. The other group includes the people who are so "good" by there actions or their giving, they don't think they need a Savior because all they have done will surely get them to heaven. I explained to my friends that neither of those things was enough, but it was all about grace...a free gift that Jesus provided when He went to the cross and then was raised again. All we have to do is accept it. Many people won't receive the gift just because it is too easy.

I have prayed for these people for years and let them know that heaven just wouldn't be the same if they weren't there. They didn't quite know how to respond at that point, but one soon retorted with, "How do you deal with the discrepancies in the Bible?"

Now if you know me well, you will understand that in my mind I was jumping for joy at this question hardly able to contain myself wanting to open my Bible and walk them through it. However, when I asked them to give me an example, they stumbled over their words and said they would have to send me a list. I'm not really expecting that list to come, but I hope it does, because at least I would know that they cared enough to seek the truth. What I really suspect is that the person was just simply repeating something they had heard before and were trying to trip me up. What they didn't know is that it wouldn't have, because I have read and studied my Bible for years and it has proven true.

That’s why it is so important to know what it says.

2 Timothy 2:15  Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!