What's Your Tattoo?



If you were going to get a tattoo what would it be? Since it is a permanent thing I would hope you would give it a lot of thought. Perhaps you already have one. If choosing it all over again, would you choose the same thing or have your tastes changed since you made the choice?

When finishing my workout a couple of weeks ago, I was gathering my things and noticed the girl next to me had “YOUNG, WILD, FREE” etched from shoulder to shoulder across her back in large purple letters.

As I left I wondered how she would feel in a few years about what was written on her back. Right now she may be young, but she will quickly see the years fly by and that will no longer be true. And if and when she has children will she want to display the fact that she was once wild when trying to convince them to be obedient? And as for the free part…I would venture to say that she was probably not referring to the fact that she was free in Christ, but she was free to make her own decisions, free to do what ever she wanted to do and maybe even free from being in a relationship. I don’t know her intentions and I’m not trying to be critical, but as I analyzed her choice for a permanent mark on her body, I wasn’t sure that I would have made the same choice.

Did you know that Jesus has a tattoo? Well…it might not be exactly a tattoo, but it is permanent. He has His children engraved on the palms of His hands. This shows how important we are to Him. It shows that once we belong to Him, He will not change His mind—we are His forever. Aren’t you glad? Have you thanked Him for that lately?

Isaiah 49:15-16 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
    and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
    I will not forget you!
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
    your walls are ever before me.”

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!