Friends



A true friend sticks with you no matter what you are going through. I saw that in action last week when my husband was going through surgery.

Our friend opened up his home for us, since we were having the surgery done away from our hometown. But more important, he stuck by my husband’s side through it all. He waited with me during the surgery. He made jokes to lighten the atmosphere. He harassed my husband when needed. He sat by the bedside.  He laughed with him when appropriate. He helped with required tasks. He loved and he cared and so much more.

That’s what it means to be a friend--to be with you through thick and thin, good and bad.
Today is the birthday of that good friend, so I would like to wish a happy birthday to my friend and brother in Christ—Greg Brooks.

There were many other people who also showed friendship during this time, through calls, texts and emails and bringing food, and stopping by the hospital. A special thank you goes out to each and everyone for your kindnesses.

Proverbs 18:24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
    but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!