What's the Problem with Winter?



The mountains of Colorado are a great place to live with the cool crisp air, the azure blue sky, the dark nights filled with sparkling diamonds in the sky, the white snowfall blanketing the earth and the sheer beauty all around. The thing that I feared most when moving to the mountains was the question, “Would I be able to survive the snow on the ground during the long winters?” However I was wrong, the snow doesn’t bother me, but one thing does. 

Since the roads are icy and snow packed dirt, sand and gravel are put down to prevent cars from slipping and sliding. Therein lies the problem, that dirt winds up on my car and on the floor of my garage. It seems that if I get my car washed, it snows the very next day and the car accumulates a thick layer of grime on it right away. And the clumps of slush, snow and dirt mixed together that gather underneath the car ends up on the garage floor, making it a mess even if cleaned on a weekly basis.

It’s a constant battle to get rid of the winter dirt…washing sweeping, vacuuming.

Sin is similar. Christians are cleansed by the blood of Jesus which takes care of all of our sins, past, present and future. However we still need that daily cleansing. Jesus taught that to His disciples when He washed their feet (John 13:1-17). A person who has been cleaned by Jesus only needs His “feet” cleaned on a daily basis so that we can continue having fellowship with the Father. The daily dirt can keep us from having the intimate relationship that is possible if we are totally cleansed.

Our cleansing comes when we admit our failures and wrongdoings. When we agree with Jesus about our sin, He forgives us and gives us our daily foot washing that restores our relationship.
Looking at the dirt during the winter months serves as a good reminder that I also need to get rid of the dirt in my life. Being clean and uncontaminated not only makes me feel better, but allows me to be useful to my Father and my Savior.

I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against Me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against Me. Jeremiah 33:8

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!