The Heirloom Towel



Five year old Molly was visiting for Christmas. She is a very creative little girl and loves to draw and is quite good at it for her age, so it should have come as no surprise that she would use anything as a canvas.

One morning she discovered an embroidered Christmas hand towel and was folding and unfolding it, calling it a “beautiful napkin.” Then off she ran downstairs, I assumed to play with her brothers. I didn’t realize that the towel had gone with her until I walked downstairs and she proudly displayed her creation. The beautiful towel had been transformed into a masterpiece. 

Molly had found the markers that are kept in the kitchen drawer and had added her own touches to “complete” the towel. She had drawn more packages on it, had given it a border and even added a picture of her brother. 

My husband gasped when he saw it saying, “What happened to our heirloom towel?” 

I laughingly replied, “It wasn’t an heirloom before, but it is now!”

I don’t know why Molly decided to draw on the towel. It was not my desire for her to do it, but she did it any way. It sounds a lot like my walk with the Lord. He has certain plans for me, but I choose to do things my way. I don’t stop and ask; I just do what I want to do. I’m not so sure that He is able to laugh it off when I go my own way, because I am being disobedient to His desires. 

God has perfect plans for me, so I will keep the “heirloom” towel as a reminder to stop and consider what God wants for my life before just doing things my way. 

Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!