My Butterfly


There has been a beautiful tiger swallowtail butterfly following me for days. 

I’m sure it’s not the same butterfly all of the time and it is not really following me, but is sure seems like it. 

The butterfly always seems to come up from behind me and swoops right in front of me, floating off into the distance faster than I can chase it. 

I’ve seen it:
  • Walking on the path
  • Biking by the river
  • Eating lunch with a friend
  • Walking the dogs
  • By the soccer fields
  • In my yard
  • Going in all directions
  • In the morning, the mid-day and in the evening

Just maybe I have been seeing the butterfly around to remind me that first he was just a lowly worm crawling amongst the grass, trees and plants to get enough food to sustain him during the period of transformation in the cocoon and that when leaving the cocoon there must be a struggle in order for its wings and body to be ready to soar. 

So if you are like me and have struggles going on in your life, just remember that the struggle is worth the pain so that you will be able to fly, transformed into an object of beauty and be able to encourage others along the way.

Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!