Fond Farewells


Change...some people love it, others don't.

I happen to be one of those people who don't like change but have had to learn to go with the flow and be flexible over the years.

One of the reasons change bothers me is that I like stability in relationships and when change occurs, it often involves people moving in and out of my life.

In just a short three week period of time, three people that I really care about will be transitioning to new stages of their lives. One will be getting married and moving, one will be returning home to the Netherlands and the other is beginning a new career path in Denver. All moving, not just from working alongside me, but from the area.

In my younger years I wouldn't say goodbye; it sounded much too formal and final. Just plain “bye” seemed like you would see the other person soon, so that's the way I wanted to bid someone farewell.

However over the years I have come to realize that no matter how I said goodbye some people would be gone forever while others would come in and out of the picture throughout life sometimes by choice and sometimes by surprise.

One of the beautiful things about living in the age of technology is being able to keep in contact with people that you could easily have lost contact with in the past. We can thank Facebook and email for that positive aspect.

Jesus too had to leave people that He loved. Many of them would be with Him in heaven someday, but He still had to be apart from them for a period. He left us a great example of how to part from friends; He prayed with them and for them.

Lord Jesus thank you for friends that we love. Thank you for the times spent together, the laughter and the tears, the good times and the bad. I pray for my friends that you will keep them safe, that you will go before them and stay beside them. I pray that you will guide and direct their lives, so that they will grow into the men and women of faith that you want them to become in their new situations and circumstances. Lord these people cannot be replaced, but I do want to thank you for the impact that they have had on my life.

God be with you till we meet again;
By His counsels guide, uphold you,
With His sheep securely fold you;
God be with you till we meet again.

Till we meet, till we meet,
Till we meet at Jesus' feet;
Till we meet, till we meet,
God be with you till we meet again.

John 17:11b Holy Father, protect them by the power of Your name—the name you gave Me—so that they may be one as We are one.

Comments

And YOU are one I've had to say "goodbye" to! I'm thankful for Facebook. Thanks for your wonderful posts, Olga!
I agree Angie. I hope the sabbatical has been a wonderful time of rest, refreshment and fun for you, Gary and your family. Love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!