My Friend Denise

Lunch with my friend Denise is always a treat. She can always bring a smile to my face and easily makes me laugh. I enjoy being with her, because she loves and accepts me for who I am with no strings attached. She always remembers to ask about everyone in my family, including the dog (which by the way is now in doggie heaven). What a great friend!

If you saw us out together, you might think we are an odd pair, because of the way we have to communicate. You see, Denise is deaf and I don’t speak any sign language, so we have to pantomime and then guess what the other person is talking about, so it’s a lot like a game. When I have been with her, I usually have to ask her sister, Linda, what the conversation really was, and get her to relay messages to Denise with important matters, such as not to try to “talk” to me when I am driving, because it is so hard to “listen”, because it involves watching her instead of looking at the road.


Some people might feel sorry for my friend and the fact that she cannot hear or speak, but she is a true blessing in my life and God has shown me that she can hear much more clearly than many people who have ears that work, because she listens with her heart and can understand things that I probably never will be able to, so I hope that I can be more like Denise. Thank you Lord for teaching me through her.


Acts 28:26 Go to this people and say, "You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."


By the way, Wednesday is Denise's 58th birhtday which we celebrated today. She is on the right in the picture along with our friend Deb, who also adores Denise.

Comments

Christy said…
Great job capturing the "essence" of Denise. All of those who know her are blessed to have her in our lives.

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!