The Smiles Tell It All


The smiles on the faces tell all. The kids were ecstatic to see their dad. It had only been a week since they had been with him, but they were clearly excited to be home and to hug his neck. I'm certain the feeling was mutual with Billy’s great expectation waiting to have his children home.

The Bible tells us often that we are to wait on God:
  • Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord
  • Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.
  • Psalm 130:5 I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His word I put my hope.
These are just a few of the verses that tell us to wait on God, but I couldn’t find a single one that tells us that God waits on us. After all He is self-sufficient; He doesn’t need us at all. However scripture does point to the fact that He desires to spend time with us. From the beginning He walked with Adam and Eve in the cool of the day, because He wanted to spend time with them. Time after time He revealed Himself to people in the Bible, showing that He wants to have a relationship with us. And in the book of Revelation we will be with Him forever. Because of this I believe He does wait on us.

Do you ever stop to think how our Heavenly Father must feel as He waits expectantly for us to spend time with Him each day? Does He wonder if we will show up? Or is He disappointed when we don't? Is He happy and content with the quality and amount of time we devote to Him? Or does He long for more?

Just as Billy waited patiently for His children to return home, our Heavenly Father waits for us to come to Him. Will you go to Him with joy and excitement to simply be with Him and spend time in His presence? If so, I believe there will be abundant smiles from our Father and on the faces of those who choose to be with Him.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God, who has called you into fellowship with His Son Jesus Christ our Lord is faithful.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!