Summer Reflections


The three week visit had included almost everything offered in our resort town:
  • Biking
  • Hiking
  • Rafting
  • Rodeos
  • Parades
  • Fireworks
  • Day camp
  • Horseback riding
  • Rock climbing walls
  • Trips to Breckenridge
  • Golf-regular and Putt Putt
  • Swimming in three different pools
  • Paddle boats and paddle boarding
  • Adventure Ridge with zip lining, alpine coasters, ropes courses, tubing, bungee jumping
I sure I left something out, but it gives you an idea of the action packed time that the kids had while visiting earlier this summer.
 
The night before they departed, I asked Molly what she enjoyed the most, anxious to see where her passions lay. Her response surprised me when she said that the thing she liked the most was spending time with me.
 
Now she may have just been saying it to make me feel good and if so she would have been right. But I do think there might have been a bit of truth to it, since we did have some quality time during her trip.
 
Joy welled up in my heart just the way I think it probably does in the heart of God when we choose to spend quality time with Him instead of just giving Him an obligatory nod when heading off to do our daily activities.
 
What would you say is the best part of your day?
 
Would it be your exercise regime? Your time being pampered? Your TV time? Or maybe even the time spent with friends or family?
 
Or would you be able to honestly say it was the quality time that you spent with your Lord and Savior in prayer and fellowship, worshipping and adoring Him? That was the best part of Jesus’ day, let’s make it the best part of ours too.
 
Mark 1:35 Very early in the morning, while it as still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!