Grumbling Griffin


It’s hard to imagine that the little cutie in the picture could be so angry, but Griffin was mad as an old wet hen…at me. I was only trying to make sure he was safe, but he saw it as a hindrance to his independence.
At Spring Break, the kids were visiting us for a ski vacation, but Griffin was too young to go to ski school, so we took him out to play while the others were getting their ski legs under them. We rode the short gondola in Beaver Creek to the Magic Carpet area. I thought Griffin might like to slide down the slippery slope from the top of the moving sidewalk. So I grabbed onto the back of Griffin's jacket so he didn't fall while getting on and riding up the hill. He didn't like it one bit and even caused the moving belt to stop as we were exiting due to the struggle, but I was able to make amends by helping him slide down the hill on his belly.
Once down he wanted to return to the top again, but this time as he was approaching the Magic Carpet, he had a fit when I tried to help, so he stomped off jibber jabbering loudly to show his disapproval at my actions. I couldn't make out a single word that he was saying, but clearly he was mad, even though I was only trying to protect him from harm.
I've probably done the same thing to God. He might withhold something that might be harmful, or guide me in a direction that isn't my preference or puts a roadblock in my path and instead of thanking Him, I stomp off, huffing and puffing under my breath complaining that it isn't fair.
Hopefully I have learned something from my grandson and will think before becoming angry with my kind and loving Father who desires good things for me.
Philippians 2:14-16a Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!